Our History

The Junior League of Bergen County, Inc. originally started in 1928 with 60 members and was called The Englewood Junior Service League. In 1933, the name was changed to the Junior League of Englewood when we were admitted to the Association of Junior Leagues. In 1962, the Ridgewood Area of the League was established and hereafter, the name became the Junior League of Englewood-Ridgewood, Inc.  Later, in June of 1972, the League’s name was officially changed to The Junior League of Bergen County.